Thursday, June 22, 2017

LILY DAYS

THIS IS THE FIRST POST OF A NEW BLOG.  

My other blog. (Odysseus on the Rocks) is devoted to my rather dyspeptic views on politics, social matters and the decline of civilized life all around.  It also relates to other published matter equally contentious and disturbing to some.
  
This blog will be as free of such Weltschmerz as I can manage. I hope the reader will find it worthy of attention.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rude eruption of deep orange day lilies reminds me that this is my favorite time of year; also the time of fireflies, furtive peeping tree frogs and and all the audacious growth triggered by the beginning of summer.  Every year I am vaguely surprised at how refreshingly alive my river-side environment can be.  

This must be the inverse of the pain-memory phenomena, in which the actual feeling of intense pain softens and dissolves as time advances.  We remember feeling the pain but in clinical way.
  
Just so I am as surprised as a baby by each new spring. May it ever be so.   

No comments:

Post a Comment